Contact Info

marco.salsiccia@gmail.com
408.314.5401
marconius.com

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Day Made of Glass 2
Corning



Here's one of the biggest projects that I've ever had the pleasure of working on at Westernized Productions.  A ton of tracking, compositing and animation from a huge team of us with many different specialties.

I tracked the glass "iPad" device for the young girl in the beginning and in the car sequence.  In the morning sequence, I also came up with a way to hand-track the mirror shot, plus supervised another artist when the task was passed off to her when I was called onto another project.

I hand-tracked pretty much the entirety of the classroom Light Table scene.  All the circles being manipulated are hand animated based on the original footage.

The doctor scenes were pretty fun.  I tracked the tablets that the two doctors are holding in the hallway and animated the elements that they are discussing.

When the Chinese patient hologram is activated on the table, the brain slices that the doctor slides thtough and eventually pulls out of the hologram's head are actually mine!  I even needed to sign an actor release agreement for my brain scans.

No comments: